Welcome to Naisinfocentral and Animal Disease Traceability

Tennessee NAIS

Animal Disease Traceability
Hot Alerts-New
NAIS "Official" USDA Documents
What is Premises Identification?
What is Animal Identification?
What is Animal Tracking?
Senators Response to NAIS
USDA Premises Registration Numbers
Camelid Working Group
Cattle Working Group
Equine Working Group
Equine Citizens Working Group
Goat Working Group
Poultry Working Group
Sheep Working Group
Swine Working Group
NAIS on YouTube
United Nations System
Alabama NAIS
Alaska NAIS
Arizona NAIS-NO NAIS State
Arkansas NAIS
Australia - NLIS
California NAIS
Colorado NAIS
Florida NAIS
Idaho NAIS
Illinois NAIS
Indiana NAIS
Kansas NAIS
Kentucky NAIS-Voluntary
Louisiana NAIS
Maine NAIS
Massachusetts NAIS
Michigan Nais-Mandatory
Minnesota NAIS
Mississippi NAIS
Missouri NAIS
Montana NAIS
Nevada NAIS
New Hampshire
New Mexico NAIS
New York NAIS
New Zealand-NAIT
North Carolina NAIS
North Dakota NAIS- Resolution
Oklahoma NAIS *Bill introduced
Oregon NAIS
Pennsylvania NAIS
South Carolina NAIS
South Dakota NAIS
Tennessee NAIS
Texas NAIS
Utah NAIS-Voluntary
Vermont NAIS-No funding request
Virginia NAIS
Washington NAIS
Washington D.C. NAIS
Wisconsin NAIS-Mandatory
Wyoming NAIS-Jt Resolution to Congress against NAIS
NAIS Cooperative Agreements
Traceability Equals COOL
Digital Angel
GIS Mapping
Are we all Mis-Informed?
Bruce Knight
Quotes with a Capital V
USDA Blunders
Approved Tag Resellers
Is NAIS Voluntary?
Talking Points for NO NAIS
RFID Chips
RFID pg 2
Digital Angel
What will it Cost?
Articles of Importance to NAIS pg 1
Articles of Importance to NAIS pg2
Senators on NAIS
Hay Growers
USDA DataMining
National Agricultural Statistics Service-NASS
National Farmers Union
4-H & NAIS
Bird Flu
Vets & NAIS
State Government is Watching
Pork Magazine
12 Questions to ASK about NAIS
Reportable Diseases
SPS Agreements
Sustainable Development and or Agenda 21
Codex Alimentarius
A visit from the USDA
Current Equine Outbreaks
Real ID / NAIS Comparison
No NAIS Sites
Dogs going NAIS
The Paradigm Shift: Total Transformation
Eminent Domain
Food Safety
What is the Hegelian Dialectic?
Delphi Technique
Are your pet foods "scientifically" made like you think?
NAIS is Censored by the Media
Guide to Good Farming Practices

Get involved with your NONAIS State Group:
Subscribe: Tennesseans_Against_NAIS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

TENNESSEE LAUNCHES EQUINE PASSPORT PROGRAM But in order to have a passport you will have to have a Premises ID
Equine Passport does carry with it civil penalties  or criminal prosecution.
Violation of any requirement of the passport program are subject to the laws of the state where the violation occurs and may range from immediate return to the state of origin of revocation of the permit with civil penalties or criminal prosecution.
Along with the passport equine owners will get an $10.00 incentive (credit) for Microchipping. Permit Fee is $5.00

To qualify for the credit or to apply for a passport, premises where horses are kept must be registered with the Department of Agriculture for the National Animal Identification System. Registering livestock premises is free and can be done at Extension, Farm Service Agency, Farm Bureau or Co-op locations across the state or by downloading the one-page form at www.tennessee.gov/agriculture/tpis.

WARNING:  Before you chip any pet read about RFID and Cancer....

Equine Passport Download

More incentives if you register for Premises ID first.....

Tennessee farmers looking to improve hay quality and better-manage forage resources can take advantage of a boost in state dollars for the Tennessee Agricultural Enhancement Program.

Beginning Monday, cattle and hay producers can apply for 35 percent cost share assistance, up to $3,500, toward the construction of a new hay storage structure, or additions to existing structures.

Building sites must be well-drained and meet minimum specifications recommended by the University of Tennessee Extension Service.

"Applications must include a project budget with cost quotes, so anyone who expects to apply should go ahead and get an estimate in hand and be ready to mail in their application no earlier than (Monday)," state Agriculture Commissioner Ken Givens said in prepared comments.

To be eligible, Tennessee farmers must operate a farm or agribusiness in the state with at least 10 head of cattle or 50 acres of hay production.

Producers with livestock must also register their premises with the National Animal Identification System.

Livestock premises can be registered at most Farm Service Agency, UT Extension, Farm Bureau or Co-op locations, or online at www.tennessee.gov/agriculture/tpis .

For more information about TAEP, call (615) 837-5323, e-mail Hay.Storage@state.tn.us or visit online at www.picktnproducts.org

Please read the 'Official' USDA Docs before signing up to premises ID

If you click through picktnproducts.org you will find your way to this page http://www.tennessee.gov/agriculture/enhancement/hay.html where it says

Applicants with livestock must register their premises with the Tennessee Department of Agriculture (TDA) for the National Animal Identification Program. Applicants can register their livestock premises at Farm Service Agency, UT Extension, Farm Bureau or Tennessee Farmers Co-op locations. Premise registration forms and instructions are also available from TDA on-line at www.tennessee.gov/agriculture/tpis or by calling (615) 837-5120

Enter supporting content here

Premises Registration will be an "Official" USDA unique seven Character identifier.
In the New User Guide it states on Page 22:
The premises identification number (PIN) is assigned permanently to a geophysical location. If an owner or entity sells his/her farm, the next operators of the premises use the original premises identification number that had been
assigned to that location. If the seller buys a new location to build a new operation that never had livestock, he/she would register that location and obtain a new premises identification number (PIN).

Premises Identification = Encumbrance

Proud member
                                    of the Read the Bills Act Coalition

Comments on the site are very welcomed.. If you see something that is in error, point it out, if you have a document that needs posting, provide the information and if its state specific post the state.. This site is for all livestock owners..